Ever wonder what you need to talk about before you get married?
A Premarital Assessment can help you with that. Marriage is a big deal, so it’s wise to be asking each other the right questions before you tie the knot. Your assessment at Wise Mind Center will include a report that’s based on 30 years of relationship research. You’ll then review the report and have a feedback session with a licensed professional. The process will allow you to have a deeper understanding of yourself and your partner, and to identify the strengths and challenges of your relationship.
Common topics in a pre-marital assessments or counseling include:
- Where do we want to live?
- Do we want children?
- What are our parenting styles?
- How do we handle conflict?
- What are our expectations about intimacy?
- How are we going to handle our finances?
- How much do we want to include our families in our lives?
- What are our expectations about time spent together/apart?
The assessment is not designed to tell you whether you should get married or not, but to help you realize and deal with differences in your expectations, family backgrounds, and personality traits etc. Ignoring these issues prior to and during your marriage could result in more serious marital problems.
We provide a private, personal service that offers an experience of respect, expertise, and support.
Services are offered online or face-to-face at Wise Mind Psychotherapy Center.