Is Online Therapy for Me?
Online Therapy is a great option for:
- People who travel often for work or pleasure
- Professionals who have offices at multiple locations, making live sessions inconvenient some weeks
- Individuals who are unsure about how therapy can help them, and would like to try online therapy before meeting with a live person
- Individuals who want to meet more frequently than work schedule will allow
- People who live in areas with few therapists
- Current clients who move to a new location and want to continue working with their existing therapist
In some research trials, online therapy has been found to be just as effective in reducing symptoms as face-to-face therapy. Evidence is particularly strong that anxiety, stress and depression can be treated online.
Online therapy is not be suitable if you’re experiencing more serious mental health issues, if you’re in crisis or are in need of immediate support.