Wise Mind Center provides comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations for children and adolescents, who are experiencing academic difficulties. Assessments are a valuable tool that can address a variety of concerns. Evaluations can provide answers to diagnostic questions, assess current functioning levels, and determine a child’s strengths and weaknesses.
The evaluation process consists of agreed upon number of sessions and include the following components:
- An interview with the parents or guardian regarding the child’s background and academic history.
- A phone interview with the child’s teacher(s) if necessary.
- A battery of tests to assess some or all of the following areas: Intellectual functioning, academic skills and, in some cases, further assessment of emotional, social or behavioral difficulties.
- A final session with the parents or guardians to share the evaluation results and recommendations. A written report is also provided.
Questions we commonly hear from parents seeking a psychoeducational assessment for their child include:
- Why is our child so uninterested or irritable lately?
- Does my child have a learning disability?
- Why does my child have so much trouble focusing at school?
- Does my child have a diagnosis of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Our evaluations focus on developing specific recommendations to support the learning and development of students who are struggling in a variety of areas at school and at home.
About Our Clinicians
Our assessments are completed by experienced, doctorate level U.S. licensed psychologists, using the most up-to-date and advanced tools.